The 2012 JazzFest 5k Run and Fun Walk will be held Saturday, July 28th at 8am!
Registration will begin the morning of the race at 7:30 a.m. Please arrive at Yankton Trail Park ready to race by 7:50
a.m. Pre-race instructions will be given at that time.
Yankton Trail Park is located at the south side intersection of Interstate 229 and Minnesota Ave. in Sioux Falls, SD.
• Enter Yankton Trail Park from Minnesota Ave.
• A separate parking lot will be reserved for those participating.
• Parking is Free to all registrants. However, the $10 entrance fee will be enforced at 10 a.m.
• Walkers and runners will begin in the same area. However, the walk course will be primarily on the bike trail going east.
• Race begins at 8:00 a.m.
• The 5K race will circle the loop twice before returning east to the start/ finish line.
• Volunteers will be located throughout the race to guide you in the correct direction.
• There will be an overall winner as well as a winner in each age category for men and women.
• Awards and refreshments will take place at the finish area immediately following the race – with announcements of winners and 5k Training Program Corporate Participants from JazzFest main stage at 6pm!
• The race is on a smooth asphalt surface.
• There will be a front/back biker during the race for your safety.
• There will be one water station on the 5k route.
• Friends and family cheering sections are welcome but encouraged to line the course away from the finish line to expedite the timing process.
• Timing services will be provided by Sioux Falls Area Running Club.
• If you have registered by July 7th, you are guaranteed a free t-shirt!